Friday, June 13, 2014

One Swan a swimming (along with some other North American Wildlife) (Photos)



Whistling swan

Sorry there was no post last week readers. I found out that having no air conditioning in my house on a hot, humid Michigan day; a desire to clean out the dust bunnies that have taken up residence under the bed and everywhere else they find cozy; and that my metabolism is held together by a little yellow pill all conspired to


send me to the emergency room at 11:00 p.m. because I thought I was having a heart attack. I am not sure what was more frightening, that idea or the fact that my 92-year-old mother was driving me at 11:00at night without her glasses.

After some fluids, a potassium supplement, four pokes and some very nice hospital personnel, I went home to try and sleep, thankful that it was nothing serious.But before all that came about, I had finished with my part of the project painting the back wall of the Beatrix Potter nursery at The Harbor Unitarian Universalist Congregation a few days earlier. 

So without further adieu, here is my attempt at some North American/Michigan-based wildlife. I hope you like them. Forgive me for the rather disjointed look of this blog. I was trying out a new method and as you can see, it didn't turn out very well. 
Mink frog
"Pumpkin seed".(sunfish)
Merganser duck-male
Mallard duck-male
I can only take credit here for the back wall which I offered to try my hand at 
making it look like water (not an easy task. 
Musk turtle

At least it's blue), some of the green grasses as well as the turtle and insects, as the rest of it was a group effort.
Viceroy butterfly

bumble bee

A group of us spent an enjoyable Saturday afternoon making it look like there was grass around the perimeter, others painted the apple tree.
grasses

I have always liked drawing and painting people, especially family members. In an effort to reach out and stretch my wings, I then went on to paint flowers, abstracts and free-form, which I find very relaxing.  Thank you for letting me share them with you.




 






Apple Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment