Wednesday, March 19, 2014

One sure sign that spring is here







A little finch




With the weather being so darned unpredictable especially in the northern regions, it is difficult to know when spring really comes but one of the best indicators are migratory birds. The Robin, Michigan’s State bird, is a vision of hope that winter will soon be behind us and we can start to enjoy the beauty that is spring with all of nature in full bloom, a delight for the senses as well as the soul. I noted about a week ago that some of the song birds had returned to my yard as I heard them early in the morning. I haven't seen a robin yet, but I am on the look-out!



So even though the snow continues to fly here in the Northern lands, take heart, spring will soon be here!  The blue bird was spotted in Ada, Michigan as early as March 1st of this year. I found this information  noted on the learner.org website See "field notes". They also noted that the worst was behind us and March 1st is considered the first day of spring under meteorological terms, which is interesting to note. 

Thank you for letting me share my blog with you! For information on migratory birds, go to  E-nature.com













No comments:

Post a Comment