Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Christmas cactus is getting its bloom on! (photo)

Christmas cactus in bloom
It may be almost Thanksgiving and one thing we can be thankful for are plants that bloom in the winter-time (well, if you ask me anyway). I love the fuchsia-colored blooms! I was so glad to see this awesome blossom when I woke up. I just had to get a photo of it. 

Christmas cacti are a very popular holiday gift plants, with varying colored blooms that oftentimes can bloom twice a year, in the winter and in spring. These beautiful tropical cacti require careful care and maintenance but when they bloom it is indeed a sight to behold. 

Even though these cactus are a tropical plant, they actually keep their blossoms better in cooler temperatures. For more information on the Christmas cactus, including how to care for them, visit HGTV Gardens. For information or comment, email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment