delightful and the kids are always so pleased that they mad these with their own hands (literally). They make a wonderful keepsake that you and your child will cherish for years to come. The one pictured was made by my granddaughter, Raven, when she was either in kindergarten or first grade.
So celebrate Thanksgiving with some fun with the kiddies with this quick and inexpensive craft. Instructions are below.
Kids Crafts: Hand Turkey
- Construction Paper
- White paper
- Crayons or washable markers
- Decorations (feathers, leaves, pom poms)
- Glitter if desired
- Elmer’s or other white glue
- Have them place their hand flat on the center of a white sheet of paper.
- Trace around the whole hand with a dark crayon or marker.
- Have them color the turkey’s body, gobbler, eyes, beak, etc.
- They can draw legs on the bottom of their turkey with crayons.
- Cut out leaf-shaped pieces of different colored construction paper.
- Have them glue these onto the finger part of the turkey. Save one for the “wing.”
- They can throw on some glitter and pom poms for the eyes too.
Now they have their own turkey for Thanksgiving! Can you say "Gobble, gobble"?
And now one last message for you real turkey's out there........