Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Don't let those photo moments slip away (photos)

An empty spot where there was once magnificance
This magnificent tree has stood for
countless years and I have enjoyed passing by it and listening to the multitude of various birds that called it home as they rested among its leaves.

I took my camera along on my walk just last Sunday, hoping to get some photos of the fall color changes. I did manage to get a few before my camera batteries died (as they do far too often it seems). I had wanted to get a photo of  this very interesting and especially majestic specimen for a while. I am so glad that I did and also that the batteries held out for a few more shots, as today when I went along the same route, the tree had been cut down!

While I was somewhat taken aback by this, it was probably inevitable as the strong winds we had been experiencing in this area had taken down quite a few large limbs. Its possible this is the reason for this tree being cut down.
A quiet place to rest or read a book!

So, when the urge strikes you to grab that moment (or seize the day), listen to it and go for it. You may never get a better chance.

I love the orange contrasting the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment