Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Three Art Forms That Leonardo DaVinci Would Think were AWESOME!


Today was a beautiful sunny day in Michigan, so sunny in fact that it made me drowsy while sitting in the window  thinking of what to blog about. Right before I dozed off, I wondered,
"What would the old master DaVinci think about today's world?  Ahah! my blog post! Da Vinci was not only an accomplished renaissance artist, painting the Mona Lisa, The Last Supper and the Vitruvian Man, he was also a scientist and an inventor. The fact that he was an inventor thinks that he would love a few things about today. When I look at some of his drawings, I can't help feel that he actually did invent many of the technological gadgets we have today, including airplanes and armored tanks (he was very interested in making war machines)

Number one on my list would be photography. Although it has been around since the late 1800's, it has evolved into an art form and since Leo strived to paint realism into his works, he would have loved this. Apparently even though we feel that the Mona Lisa is the epitomy of perfection, he did not and changed it several times.

The second thing  that Leo would agree was totally awesome ( I imagine him saying awesome a lot. he was a contemporary man for his day. Hey its my daydream) would be digital photography and art forms. Digital art has transformed painting, drawing, sculpture as well as music. It is a fact that the masters had musicians play while they painted and having a ready supply of music would really get his muse going, just like classical music does today.

Last, but certainly not least, would be computer generated 3-D  still images and art. I think Leo would be totally in love with this, given his penchant for realism. I could see him finding even new ways to use even this new concept of art.Leonardo DaVinci would have loved seeing his ideas become reality and made to move. I think even his forward thinking ideas would push technology to its limits but it would fun to see how it would go (as long as  they weren't any more war machines, we have enough of those).

Information for this post was from: Wikipedia and Leonard Da Vinci’s Life

Thank you for indulging me in my daydream-Mariehelena


No comments:

Post a Comment